Monday, March 25, 2013

Securing the Landing pt. III


Mon'Fargret carefully steps around Granite Spear to the west door and puts his ear to it. Nothing can be heard. The music in the air is strangely muffled, as if the source itself were muted but the floor and walls were acting as a conductor.

Reading the thought, Betham says, "I think it's coming from that way." He points south toward the stairwells. "Somewhere behind the stairs. I sense a lot of people that way." Then he looks around at the smoldering bodies on the floor with disapproval.

Lirassa crouches, pauses, and then quickly jumps around the corner of the stairs toward the window to the east. After a quick scan with her pistol, she relaxes with a sigh and mutters to herself.

Mey'Luskar suddenly appears on the stairs, which then creak as if in agony.

"Ooh, that Farbett is going to wreck the place!" she cries.

"Let's hope the music muffled that," replies Mon'Fargret.  "In any case, we'd better get a move on."

He, Betham, and Granite Spear turn to follow after Lirassa, who mutters something evilly about the leafy-green carpeting.

All at once, Lirassa's muttering ends in a grunt of surprise and she stiffens.  In the next instant, a volley of stun bolts cuts low across her position, one of them catching her in the shin.  The Besteeng convulses but stays on her feet.

5 comments:

Phillipa Scratch said...

Should I go back and fire a grenade at that crystal?

The Moody Minstrel said...

(Who are you talking to? Right now Widjgleeby is going up the stairs. She was right behind Mey'Luskar, but the latter suddenly vanished from view like the others.)

Phillipa Scratch said...

I'm not talking to anyone. I'm just wondering . . .

Phillipa Scratch said...

I'm going to go up the stairs and disappear too!

Anonymous said...

If Mon'Fargret can't see the adversary, he will provide some cover fire around Lirassa...unless he sees something to fire at, in which case, he will.