Monday, December 3, 2012
Into the Gallery
"Lirassa," calls Mon'Fargret as he steps over the just-shot guard to get to the door, "get Nekshi and Granite up here and Widg too if she can fit. Fighters in front. Zeton will see to Ham. Get Betham to look at you and tell him to pull it together and watch Mey and Bina." Indifferently, he picks up the guard's pistol and examines the door.
Lirassa starts reciting her own version of what Mon'Fargret said as she comes up behind him.
"I'm alright," grunts Ham in protest as he stiffly follows after her, blocking the side entrance just as Nekshi and Granite Spear try to come through.
With a snort of discomfort, Widjgleeby does her best to turn around in the tight space.
Betham, his back pressed tightly against the corridor wall to let people pass, moans, "Could they have made this any narrower?"
"I don't think they expected people to have a party in here," says Zeton in a failed attempt at humor.
Bina gestures toward the closet. "Maybe I should see what I can learn from them," she offers.
"Maybe you should just close the door," retorts Mey'Luskar. "The less you learn, the better. Trust me on this one."
Just then, Mon'Fargret pries open the inert sliding doors to reveal a large chamber.
In the eerie glow of emergency lights, the room reveals itself to be a sort of museum, no doubt a display of the owner's private collection. There are many works of art on the walls and on various stands. Glass cases display a variety of valuable items. Without a doubt the most imposing display, however, is a purplish stand holding a case containing what looks like a large, carved crystal with some kind of writing on it.
Mon'Fargret fancies that the large crystal seems to be giving off a faint luminescence of its own. He also notes that the sight of it gives him the creeps.
There is another set of sliding double doors on the opposite side of the chamber, a couple of smaller doors on either side to the south, and a beautiful, marble staircase going up to the ground floor.
The only people visible in the room are a Yangae couple standing between a couple of display cases eying Mon'Fargret warily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Granite grumbles, "If any of you want to move forward, those of us back here would greatly appreciate it. I'm starting to feel like a terzellian shrill in these tight quarters!"
Mon'Fargret speaks with the couple while aiming his pistol at them, "I apologize for the intrusion. Place your hands in the air and realize I am very good with this pistol. That is a very nice crystal. Tell me about it."
It's a couple of guys, one of whom looks middle aged and respectable and the other of whom looks to be in his late teens and a bit more rowdy in style.
The kid smirks and strikes a cocky pose. "Do you even know where you are?"
[The basement of some kid's parent's house on Sandra Ave? Naaaaaah]
[No wonder it is cold down here.]
Mon'Fargret sends a pulse a few inches from the kids head, "The next one won't miss. Talk about the function on the crystal."
*of the crystal (not on the crystal)
"Art? Can't eat art." She mumbles under her breath. "Maybe I can eat kid..."
The pulse laser pulse, being a pulse laser pulse, is invisible and intangible other than the "pop" of the gun...and the burst of vaporized material erupting from the display case behind the pair.
The older man jumps with fright. The younger man is startled and takes a couple of involuntary steps, but the smug, condescending look on his face (typical Yangae of his rank) barely budges.
"That?" he says, gesturing toward the crystal. He chuckles. "Who knows? It's just some old Gothie relic. Ancient witch-ware. I don't know what it does...or how the lady got it." He glances over his shoulder. "I guess I don't have to call for the guards."
[At this point it would help to have physical details about the crystal: size, opacity, number of facets, etc.)
From where Mon'Fargret is standing, in the dim light (The main fixtures are dark; only the emergency lights appear to be lit) the crystal appears to be a bit bigger than a terrestrial softball and is irregularly shaped, though it is clearly carved. It seems to have some kind of writing on it. It is pale bluish-white in color and seems to be faintly glowing.
M'F will mindspeak with Mey, "What do you think? Should we destroy this crystal?"
Mey'Luskar's mental reply is very loud and vivid:
[I HATE THAT THING! LET'S JUST GO!!!]
Bina's thoughts are even louder:
[CRYSTAL? THE SOURCE OF THE CALL? WHERE IS IT?]
He mentally replies, "It is right here. I am wondering if I could destroy it with my laser or maybe it could be smashed."
Post a Comment