Widjgleeby starts to move forward, jostling Ham and Lirassa, and growls with impatience. Caught off guard, the two armored warriors move aside to let the Farbett pass and then fall in behind her.
Behind the door is a chamber with three exits. The ones on either side are heavy-looking cargo doors. The one in the middle is an opening behind which is another set of stairs, this one narrower than the ones in the shaft.
Without pausing for a moment, Widjgleeby continues forward and up the stairs. It only goes up the equivalent of a single story before arriving at a very plain-looking room with a set of double doors off to one side.
The door is slightly ajar. Behind it, muffled moans can be heard.
41 comments:
Granite looks around, startled to be in a completely new post, but gathers herself quickly. She draws her pistol, and approaches the door as quietly as she can. Glancing at the group, she waits to see if anyone else wants to join her.
(Careful, DewKid...now that the map is on the page, note the marching order. Also note that Widjgleeby pretty much fills the little room at the top of the stairs. It's a bit of a squeeze for her, and nobody is moving past!)
(Yeah, I figured she wasn't first in line. I also figured you'd correct me if I jumped the gun, so to speak. I also figured that with the infrequency of posts these days, that by the time anyone saw my post, they'd have forgotten the order anyway.)
Granite struggles a bit behind Lirassa, even pushing a bit with her tentacles, and gesturing at the door ... erm ... Farbett ahead.
(Getting sick of waiting...)
Muttering under her breath, Widjgleeby pushes through the doorway into a short hallway she can only just squeeze through.
There is a pair of double doors directly ahead. There is also another doorway to the left which is slightly ajar. The moans are coming from that direction.
As the party advances, Ham tries to press forward behind Widjgleeby, taking care not to step on her tail.
"This is a bad idea," he mutters.
All at once, the moaning stops. In its place, brisk whispering can be heard.
Granite continues to try and encourage the mob at the door to move forward. "Move quickly!", she whispers urgently ,"We've been at this door for a month and a half already! I'm surprised it took them this long to hear anything."
Mon'Fargret waits for those in front of him to continue so he can see. While doing so, he ponders how he went from being right in front of the door and coaxing it to open, to being in the second rank with no memory of seeing anything when it opened.
Chalking it up to too many waking hours, he holds his pistol in a resting position knowing that Widj is a de facto shield.
(That was a couple of doors ago, Snabudon, and there was more room to maneuver. Once that talkative door opened, nobody said anything, so Widjgleeby took the initiative and went through first. Since then, the stairs and hallway have been too narrow for anyone to go around her.)
(Actually, I think MF is in sixth rank, around the corner, and at the bottom of the stairs, if I'm looking at the picture correctly. I'm caring less and less about the order BEHIND the Farbett, and more and more that the Farbett is blocking passage. If it's too tight, maybe we can back down the stairs, let her out, and get this rolling again. Maybe Widjgleeby will consider the same move and start backing up to clue the rest of us into her intent. Then again, maybe she will press forward into the narrow hallway, and steamroll whomever is in the way.)
(How about this. If Widj is still moving forward, we'll follow close behind, and see where that takes us. If Widj is stopped, Granite will encourage Ham to give her a shove. Man I'm getting all claustrophobic just looking at that picture!)
(I'll wait for Philippa to respond to that...but only for a few days.)
With a snort, Widjgleeby continues through the double doors at the end of the short passageway. Then she can be heard to grunt with a mixture of amazement and curiosity.
Behind her, Ham turns and kicks open the side door, stun carbine at the ready.
There is a scream, and Ham squeezes off a shot...just as a stun pulse hits him square in the face. Most of it is dissipated by the stun-proofing of his armor, but apparently not quite enough. With a low moan, he drops his carbine and crumples.
[Note...I noticed the scale was a bit off, so I resized the character icons a little.]
If everyone is behind me, who is the person laying in the hall? Anyway . . I'm going to continue down the hallway.
You're right...who IS the person lying in the hall? Is Widjgleegy going to check him out? If not, is she going to turn right or left?
[Not sure what Lirassa is doing...]
Granite will drop into a crouch (as best she can manage) and hold fast until the Farbett clears the passage one way or another. Assuming we're not already in "combat time", she'll converse with Lirassa:
Gesturing at Ham, Granite whispers urgently to Lirassa, "Pull him back here, so we can get him out of the way and out of harm." If possible, Granite will move Ham to the corner to her right in the overhead picture. If she needs to holster her pistol to do so, she will.
I'm going to go check out the person lying in the hall.
It's a male of the Annuitis race (a Foldorian vassal - same as Dabid) dressed in rather typical, off-the-shelf security guard gear. He's alive but unconscious.
While Granite fiddles with the controls on her talk box to make it "whisper", Lirassa takes the initiative. Snarling a Brekka curse, she body-slams Ham out from in front of the doorway and fires a pulse from her pistol into the room as she does so.
Those of the party that are still coming up the stairs hear a couple of swishing sounds, a couple of thuds, and an abrupt, muffled report.
Fine. Granite will move in behind Lirassa with weapon drawn, looking for movement in the room.
(F!@#$n talk box.)
(Ah, my RSS feed posted only the comments and not the new post.)
(Are the two people in the picture the ones getting it on that everyone sensed?)
(The current action)
Mon'Fargret readies his weapon and wishes he had given Widj a helmet cam.
Snabudon: (Yes.)
Dewkid: ALT roll please.
Rolled a 13 which matches my ALT, so that's a zero.
Granite turns to Zeton and Mon'Fargret, and points to the dimly lit room to her left, "Someone in here is hurt. I don't think they mean us any harm..."
That's when the hysterical Yangae screaming starts. "DON'T SHOOT!!! PLEASE!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!"
[The screaming is coming from one of the two people in the storeroom I assume]
Granite will immediately move to tackle the screamer, and try her best to muffle the noise.
It takes Granite Spear a fraction of a second to launch herself across the little room and tackle the screaming female. Actually, it's more like a body slam since there's no room to bear the target to the floor; rather, she's pinned against the rack.
The fire on one of the other racks is quickly doused by the room's automatic flame suppressant system.
Zeton quickly moves to see if Granite needs help, Mon'Fargret close behind him.
What do I see when I look on down the hall? ( past the stunned dude)
(Gee...more than two fucking weeks since the last comment...)
The corridor itself is a dead end, but there are doors on either side.
I'm going to lumber on down the hall. and look through the left door.
The door is locked and very solid looking. It doesn't budge an inch when Widgie tries it.
Widgy will now call down the hall "Door is locked. Shoot with grenade launcher?"
Lirassa looks up from tending to Ham.
"Please don't," she replies. "We don't know what kind of grenades are in that thing, and I don't think any of us want to die just yet."
[Sorry - been on vacation since the 4th of July]
Granite will attempt to calm the "screamer", in her usual gentle fashion: "If you are quite through with THAT, then I suppose we can let you live. If not, I may find a use for your skin... perhaps a new holster for my pistol. Or a cape."
Assuming the person is listening, Granite will continue: "Where does this corridor lead?", she says gesturing towards where Widj went.
Basically, there are two Yangae of the Yangae ethnic subgroup (white skin, red hair) in the room, male and female. Granite has the female scrunched up against the racks along the back wall.
The male is unconscious on the floor together with his very expensive-looking stun pistol and all of their clothing.
Granite managed not to impale the female with any of her spikes, but the poor creature is quite hysterical. When Granite's grip is relaxed from the Yangae's mouth so she can answer the question, the poor creature just starts whimpering incoherently.
Granite shakes her head. "Bah" says the talkbox, "Worthless." She'll do her best to gag the whimpering Yangae, and secure her so that she can't be of further trouble. She'll do the same with the unconscious male as well.
[So is anyone else still playing? The actions from other players are becoming so infrequent now that it almost seems pointless to continue on this track. Can't have the DM playing a dozen NPCs versus 1 or 2 actual players! Not saying we should quit - I for one would like to see where this going - but maybe its time to either find new players to take on roles, or drop/transfer some of the characters. Just sayin...]
[I'd be in favor of shelving it until the rainy season...not just because I am outside more but because I am spending more of my time caregiving right now and my seeming senility makes it hard to do the necessary cross-referencing to make sure my character is up to date and acting consistently.]
[I'd be good with that. :D I'm not sure I'd want to play multiple characters anyway, and bringing new people in might not be the best thing at this point.
Hey Moody, you never commented on my picture of your old house on facebook.... :P]
I still playing.I look at this most days. The only time I run into trouble is when I'm housesitting for someone who doesn't have internet. If you sit in the parkig lot of the post office too much, people get suspicious. (public Wifi is across the street)
I want to shoot my grenade launcher!
[I think a narrow corridor with only enough room to move one abreast, just outside an enemy facility, is the PERFECT time to use a grenade launcher. Fire away!]
(Okay...now that I'm back from that three-day Outdoor School trip..)
I was going to send an e-mail out asking everyone about participation. A summer hiatus is something we've done almost every year anyway, and I know Don has his hands full right now, but considering the last postings from Infogeek and Seymour happened more than a month ago, I have to wonder what's up. I think Fragbait is a lost cause (and more than a little suspicious, to be honest). On the other hand, now that I've reconnected with Todd, I'm almost tempted to see if he'd like taking Fragbait's character.
Summer Halitosis!
Post a Comment