(Map image clipped from plantation map I might show you someday...)
(For the record, the group passed through the main gate to the plantation and is still on the short [about 80m] road that cuts through the "forest wall" ringing the compound. The nearest building to the end of the road is the workers' apartments, and the shooter is hiding behind its corner. The party is currently taking cover in the trees at the edge of the "forest wall" about 30m away from the building.)
At Bina's request, Mon'Fargret keeps his aim but does not fire.
"I think you're right," says Lirassa, clicking on some kind of pistol. "It's just one sod. I got a mark. Should I toast him?"
"Someone in the building," says Bina hauntingly, her fingers on her temples. "She's afraid...so afraid...but maybe a friend..."
Another blast sears its way from the apartment, this time apparently aimed at Mon'Fargret's position. The shot is low. A baffle-effect plasma burst erupts from the pavement accompanied by an incoherent shout.
17 comments:
[It appears that Granite is pinned down at the moment - crossing that path would be suicide... What's the cover like here? Trees only? Underbrush?]
Granite will draw her small pistol, and keep it at her side while she surveys the immediate area.
Granite turns to Bina: "Maybe we should tell our attacker that we've seen the Eye..."
"He doesn't know about that!" retorts Bina. "He's afraid and angry and...um...let me..." She puts her hands on her temples again.
"Will somebody just burn that sludgewad?" moans Mey'Luskar.
"Stop shooting, flame it!" yells Betham in Her-galad. "The Farbett said it! We don't give a yank about you! We're just passing through!"
There's a pause, and then the voice says, "You stinking collaborator!"
Granite does her best to imitate humanoids, by rolling her eyes. To Betham, "There's no reasoning with crazy. Can't we call in some air support?" Granite clicks her beak twice, "Kidding of course. Still, that couldn't be any more noisy than this ... sludgewad... shooting ghosts in the dark."
Turning to Bina, "Can you at least figure out what kind of meat he likes, so we can offer him a sandwich?"
(Seriously wondering about the lack of attendance...and the indirect requests for me to post things...)
Speaking in Her-galad that sounds polite bordering on High Speech, Zeton says, "I promise you we are not collaborators! We share the same path! Let us pass, and our light will leave no shadow!"
Betham gives a low whistle of surprise.
"Brother, pray hear his words!" says Bina in High Speech. "Our sister Gemma calls us!"
There is another pause, and then the voice says, "But Gol'br'in said... You got Yangs with you! Strange evil with the Yangs now...we know it! Gol'br'in said they're not to be trusted! What then...what's your flow with Gemma, then?"
Bina sighs deeply and replies, "I was of the deep vine...and of the Path! I reach...I know."
"I gotta ask...I..." The voice sounds anxious, almost panic stricken. "I gotta ask Gol'br'in! I don't...I... You just wait there! I gotta..."
The sound of someone running away can be heard. (Those in the party with night vision ability can see the one figure emerging from behind the building and heading away deeper into the plantation.)
Ham lines up the individual with the sights of his stun carbine, and depresses the firing stud coolly. Time to end this part of the game quickly.
(Roll for it! With all modifiers figured in, you need to score an 11 or less on a d20.)
Ham rolled a "6" not including the +3 for skill. That would be a hit on the person. Rolled a "3" for stun points or stun damage
(6 is definitely a hit.)
(Your carbine does 5d6 stun damage. I don't think a result of "3" is possible. Try again.)
22 then (and I blow out the surrounding country side in a Slim Pickins Yeahhahh - well not really)
A little, bluish glob of light zips from Ham's carbine. Crackling through the mist, it can be seen to dissipate a bit before it catches the running figure in the hip. He can be seen to stumble as sparks play about his form.
Then he lets out a maddened shriek.
(Is Ham going to shoot again?)
Is he stunned can we find the tunnels and go?" Widgleebe asks looking about her "More time we fuss here bigger chance someone sees who we don't want to see."
Cursing under his breath, Betham quickly reaches his pistol out from under his parka and cuts loose with a barrage of stun pulses. As the little lightning balls crackle through the mist, it's uncertain if any of them find their target.
"Drop him!" he cries. "Drop him!"
As much as she wants to "go for the kill", Granite decides to let the sharpshooters play. There's no chance she's going to charge into combat with energy bursts on her rear. She will lie low for now, with her weapon still drawn.
[Should Granite have not been talking to Bina and Betham? It made perfect sense to me, considering those were the only two yelling things out. Don't know where everyone else is, though it's good to see Ham is back! "It's Gunnin' Time!"]
Zeton, echoing Betham's curses, (only more vehemently and in his native tongue), gets up and in a low crouch, quickly makes his way along the edge of the path in the direction he saw the figure stumble. Zeton wishes he had taken the time to invest in some form of night vision equipment, but does his best to use the edge of where the path ends and the underbrush begins to guide him to the general area he thinks he needs to go.
Zeton is running different possible scenarios in his head. If the person is only down and not completely stunned, he must approach with extreme caution and is constantly ready to jump into the the shadows at any sign of trouble.
(I'll use this to kick off the next post.)
Post a Comment