Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Aftermath

flyaway

Granite Spear dives for the side door of the vehicle, which is standing open. As she does so, she's given a sudden, unexpected push from behind, sending her flying straight out through the portal and onto the sidewalk. As she hits the pavement and rolls out of the fall, the door snaps shut with an abrupt thunk and pressurizes.

Granite Spear, Ham, and Lirassa stare in surprise as the vehicle lifts off the ground, retracts its wheels, pivots, and shoots off toward the river.

Back in the flat, Widjgleeby lifts Zeton like a rag doll and tosses him over her shoulder. (Luckily, her spine doesn't poke him in the eye, but it does give him a jab in the ear.)

Mey'Luskar regards Dabid blankly for a second or two, and then she looks down her nose at him and says arrogantly, "After thee, blue."

Dabid sighs. "Yes, lady," he replies with a curt bow. Then he turns and heads out the front door.

Into the tunnel

68 comments:

ElTigrez said...

Ham watches at the departing sneaky SUV and says "Dont forget to write now" and *shrugs*

Looks down at the body and then at Lirassa. "You think that armor suit is in your size?" and says it with a straight face.

[Haha! I got the first comment slot! Hail Ibitonia! *Salutes the Dragon*]

Seymour said...

Nekshi will get on the comm to Granite and make sure she's okay.

She'll also check the local news to find out what happened at that other location. Coincidence?

DewKid said...

Granite shivers as the berserk rage dissipates, and she starts to feel the fatigue creep in. She starts to get up, when a signal from Nekshi comes through her comm.

"Yes Lady, the threat has been neutralized." Granite touches her beak with a clawed tentacle, noticing the wound for the first time. "I believe I will live to fight another day." Looking in the direction of the departed hover van she adds "I fear this isn't over."

The Moody Minstrel said...

Lirassa scowls thoughtfully and crouches next to the fallen woman.

"I think she's still alive," she observes. "I didn't hit her that hard. I'd say it's a safe bet that your Shurian friend gave her a good pounding before we got here."

She glances over at Granite Spear and nods in salute. Then she says, "Give me a hand with this helmet."

The Moody Minstrel said...

(Zeton has already accessed the local news about the topic, but anyway...)

There was an explosion and fire at a warehouse near the local airport. It happened right before Mira showed up at the door (i.e. less than ten minutes ago). Some peace forcers and fire crew are on the scene, but others are still arriving.

The worst of the fire has already been contained, but it hasn't been fully extinguished yet.

Apparently gunfire was reported at the scene, but the peace forcers have yet to find anything connected with that. Investigations will continue once the fire is fully under control and enough officers are available.

In another newsbreak, apparently the peace forcers have just received a report of gunfire in the southern part of Ekr'in near the river. Details to follow as they become available.

DewKid said...

Granite returns the nod, and assists Lirassa with the helmet. She can't help but wonder what the bitch will look like.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Removing the helmet turns out to be rather easy...and messy. It opens up to reveal the blue face of a female Annuitis (same race as Dabid).

Actually, it's more black and blue...and bleeding. One side of her face is a bruised mess with the eye swollen shut. Lirassa's sword attack appears to have injured the other eye rather badly.

"Quite a warrior," says Lirassa, "even for such a puny thing. Let's get her inside."

Anonymous said...

[I am back but assimilating the latest comments. Damn, I hate it when I leave for 5 days and miss one second like that.]

Phillipa Scratch said...

Widjy is going to climb down the Farbett ladder, using one arm to carry Zeton and the other four to get to the ground. (She'll use the fifth to grab any tasty insects hiding behind the rungs and flick them into her mouth.

DewKid said...

[Yeah, and what a second it was!! That was the most action-packed second I've ever taken part in. Heeeeeyyyyyy....... wait a second....]

Anonymous said...

[I'd like to wait a second DewKid, but it might interrupt Thanksgiving. Ba dum bing!]

Mon'Fargret says to Mey, "I understand. Use the triask to communicate with me if we part."

"Dabid, let's get out of here."

The plan is to meet up with Widj, Nekshi, and Mr. Z and thence the others. I am not sure whether using the Farbett ladder or the stairs is the fastest way (the elevator is too slow).

The Moody Minstrel said...

Mey'Luskar pauses at the door, glances back at Mon'Fargret with an unreadable look on her face, and says, "Part? I have no intention of going back to the triasks! Unless you're sending me off..."

Taking a step back into the flat, she adds, "Look, I know I've been a burden to you, and my debt is already expensive, but if you still have honor left to spare, I need your help! I'm sure you can understand that this is very important! The Peace Forcers are on their way...now! I can't let them find me here! Where can we go? Do you have a vehicle?"

Dabid clears his throat and says, "Begging the lady's pardon, I believe the plan, unless there's a change, is for us to go...underground."

Mey'Luskar's face does an abrupt about face (so to speak). Still looking at Mon'Fargret, she says in a hoarse voice, "The blue is kidding, right?"

The Moody Minstrel said...

[Oh, and for the record, the stairs would probably be the fastest for you.]

The Moody Minstrel said...

For all her bulk, Widjgleeby can move at a pretty good clip when she has reason to do so. Zeton doesn't slow her down at all as she bounds out the back door and straight down the ladder. (Only one bug of any useful size shows up, unfortunately.)

Widgie is now on the sidewalk that surrounds the tower.

Anonymous said...

Mon'Fargret motions the others, "Talk as we walk."

As they head down the stairs to meet with the group, he tells Mey'Luskar, "I misunderstood you. It is best that we stay as a group so I am glad to have you here. We may need to be uncomfortable for a while underground until we develop a plan. Besides, we need time to pool ALL of our information and assets if we can. I do have a mobile craft but the trick is getting to it."

Seymour said...

Before leaving, Nekshi grabs a few things and stashes them in her carry-bag. She'll also write a quick note for the "Peace Enforcers" when they arrive, and stick it on the front door.

The note reads, "To whom it may concern, we were the target of an assassination attempt tonight and have vacated the premises to prevent further violence on our persons. Please contact me at this number so we can arrange possible protective arrangements. Nekshi (comm #)"

DewKid said...

Granite looks around as if she suddenly misplaced something important. "Has anyone seen Kuluf? I was supposed to meet him back at the flat..."

[I hope the frog is okay]

The Moody Minstrel said...

Widjgleeby, still carrying Zeton, is waiting (a bit impatiently) near the entrance to the garden path that is the quickest route to the tunnel entrance. Dabid soon arrives followed by Mey'Luskar and Mon'Fargret.

Suddenly, from the third floor veranda, a very Farbett-sounding voice booms out, "Bafar-dollat-hakaba-fakaborg?!?"

The Moody Minstrel said...

Hearing the loud Farbett voice, Lirassa glances back over her shoulder. Then she says, "Not good. Alright, mission change."

She fiddles around a bit in the fallen Annuitis woman's utility belt. Then, with a curt word in Brekka, she pulls out what looks like a pack of celluplasts (i.e. high-tech bandaids). Peeling off a couple and quickly applying them to the woman's face, she says, "I guess we're leaving her here. Something tells me we'd better be on our way fast."

Anonymous said...

Hearing the shout in Farbett, Zeton guesses the peace forces are on their way. He wonders if it might be more practical if Widj carried him piggy back instead of over her shoulder, but decides now it not the time to ask. Zeton will act as an extra set of eyes to warn the group of any danger he may see as they make their escape.

DewKid said...

Granite grunts. "If we are leaving her, then let's make sure she doesn't harm us further today."

She will search the Annuitis woman. In particular she is looking for weapons and clues to her identity. Also, did she have a comm? (I'm guessing that was in her helmet...)

Phillipa Scratch said...

So, what did the Farbett Say? is it in a dialect I don't understand or something?

Also to Mr. Zeton. It is not better for you to ride piggyback I have a ridge of rather pointy things going down my spine. Just hang on to the strap of my satchel and I can pack you around like a parrot.

The Moody Minstrel said...

[Philippa: CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!!!!! (or did I use the wrong address?]

Granite Spear gives the Annuitis woman a quick once-over and finds she has:
- an empty holster (because G.S. took her machine pistol...and dropped it inside the vehicle)
- several spare clips for the machine pistol and the (now cloven) submachinegun.
- very sharp-looking alloy knuckles
- a scanner (mounted on the helmet but removable)
- a communicator in her helmet
- a few items of misc. gear (multi-spectral flashlight, a pack of celluplasts, a small toolkit, a small spool of K-fiber twine, a tiny spray can with no writing on it)

[If you want to see what she might have inside her armor, you'll have to take it off...and that would likely take some time.]

The Moody Minstrel said...

Oh...she also has a little camcorder.

DewKid said...

Granite grabs the camcorder, and turns to Lirassa. "This might be useful. Let's go." She takes one last glance around the area, and then heads towards Nekshi's position.

The Moody Minstrel said...

"Come on, Ham," says Lirassa, and she starts back into the apartment complex at an easy run.

(Granite Spear is a bit winded [so to speak--she doesn't breathe in the human sense] after all that exertion. The best she could probably do without really puching herself is the equivalent of a human speed walk.)

ElTigrez said...

Phutttt! so much for real loot. Ham picks off whatever can be valuable after patting the body down professionally to see if anything else is hidden under the armor (aka wallet etc), and follows Lirassa

The Moody Minstrel said...

(You don't find anything beyond what I've already said, and patting down the armor doesn't reveal much. [It is, after all...armor...] There are four extra clips for the submachinegun and two for the machine pistol.)

Seymour said...

As she finishes sliding down the Farbett ladder, Nekshi takes a moment to collect her thoughts and broadcasts a party-wide message.

"For dessert tonight Widj has whipped up a rather special escape plan. Please join us at the junction of the middle-access path of the complex and 136 St. To those of you still under the effects of combat endorphins, that's to the East and South. Please bring any electronic devices found on immobiliized targets, and perhaps a small gratituity for our eventual legal defense fund." ~Nekshi

The Moody Minstrel said...

"We need to hurry," says Mey'Luskar urgently, fear visible in her eyes even in the dim light of the grounds.

The Moody Minstrel said...

It doesn't take Ham and Lirassa long to meet up with the party as everyone heads toward 136th Street. Granite, who is struggling to speed walk, will take a bit longer.

It takes no time at all for the noisy, rather weatherbeaten-looking security bot to pull up nearby and hover among the trees, its inhuman eye fixed on the party.

DewKid said...

Granite manages to gasp "Oh look, someone else wants to play. Maybe we can convince it we are the good guys."

Phillipa Scratch said...

"Will bot follow us or stay in apartment complex? We don't want being seen spot where we go into tunnels." Widgy asks.

(player aside: computers suck! our new software doesn't mesh with something or other and I spent 8 hours yesterday working with Tech support. It still doesn't work! AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH)

Seymour said...

"Oh, I'm sure it will follow us, and any overt act against it will trigger countermeasures and additional charges. But since there's only one, we can split up and rendezvous at the tunnel entrance."

She wets her finger and worries at a drop of Zeton's blood on her blouse.

"Let us act quickly. Granite and I will stay here and keep it busy while the rest of you follow Widj."

(Kevin, is this a Police bot, or one of the apartment's watchbots?)

Anonymous said...

[If we are all together. Not totally clear on that...]

Mon'Fargret says to the group, "Mey'Luskar has a big bulls eye on her right now and we need to be more evasive at this point. We will meet you at the rendezvous point. Mey'Luskar, please lead on and Dabid and I will accompany you."

[If we are scattered...]

Mon'Fargret gives the same message to Nekshi and then to M'L.

The Moody Minstrel said...

(All of you are together now except Granite Spear, who is still hobbling as quickly as possible across the grounds and will be with you in another ten to twenty seconds.)

(Nekshi - It doesn't look like a police bot. There are no Peace Force logos on it. It's a rather low-budget model that looks like it's of Foldorian make. It also looks old...and has evidence of repairs using off the shelf parts.)

The Moody Minstrel said...

Mey'Luskar gives Widjgleeby a rather dubious look and then turns back to Mon'Fargret.

"Um, if you trust...Widj," she says softly, "I'll follow her."

"I don't think you have much choice," retorts Lirassa pointedly. "And if you can't trust a Farbett, you can't trust anybody."

Mey'Luskar's answering glare looks more pained than annoyed. "I think you just answered your own question," she replies. Then she approaches Widjgleeby (somewhat hesitantly) and says, "Please, Widj. Can you take me to a safe place?"

Lirassa snorts derisively and then turns to Nekshi.

"I'll stay here with you," she says. "I have my reasons." To Ham she adds, "Stay in touch. I'll meet up with you later."

Mey'Luskar gasps. "I...thought you wanted to..."

"Later!" snaps Lirassa in reply. "I'm not going in that tunnel right now. Not just yet."

The sound of approaching sirens becomes audible...coming from across the river.

"Rakh," spits Lirassa. She gives Mey'Luskar a shove. "Go! And any of you that want to follow!"

Anonymous said...

Mon'Fargret will stay with Mey'Luskar for the next while. He addresses Dabid, "Well old root, what do you think? I would like to keep the shop going but I fear we may both be in too deep. How do you see the options?"

ElTigrez said...

Take the ammo clips (you never know) ...take point when we meet up ... taking care to notice any ground traffic ..we have incoming anyway.

And take not on the watch bot. Im not particularly thrilled with an eye in the sky. Nehshi have any chance of jamming that thing if its part of the apartment complex?

DewKid said...

When Granite finally catches up to the group, she will say:

"Kuluf is missing. Could be he took refuge in the river after the shooting started."

The Moody Minstrel said...

Dabid sighs and replies, "It looks like we're about to go in a lot deeper, too."

Mey'Luskar looks at him softly and then says to Mon'Fargret, "Don't worry about your shop. The Triasks promised to protect it. There are far bigger issues here."

The Moody Minstrel said...

As the sirens get closer, (I assume) Nekshi stays behind together with Lirassa and Granite Spear while the others follow Widjgleeby at a brisk pace down the side street.

The security bot doesn't follow. Instead, it takes up a position watching the trio that has remained behind.

Four Peace Force officers on flyer bikes come shooting overhead from the direction of the river. They take no notice of the departing group and instead circle the apartment complex at a slow pace.

Two other flyer bikes, which peeled off from the formation over the river, head off to the west.

A few seconds later, a couple of flyer vans arrive, also from the direction of the river. One of them proceeds directly to where the Annuitis woman lies fallen and lands there. The other sets down at the south entrance to the complex.

All of the Peace Force vehicles bear the name of Erweina District.

Ramps drop on the two vans, and troops come piling out.

Lirassa mutters something dark sounding in Brekka.

Seymour said...

Nekshi places her hand on Lirassa's arm. "Don't worry friend, if I'm reading this correctly these officers are from the Temple district and should have no Yangae leanings. We have little to fear from them."

She faces Granite, "You were very brave tonight and I am proud of your service to me and the others. I ask you to consider returning to the river and then finding Mon'Fargret and the others. The next few hours might be overly stressful to you. I welcome such legal challenges, but understand why others find them odious. Decide quickly while the choice remains."

DewKid said...

Granite looks up at the flyer bikes overhead while absently rubbing the beak wound with a tentacle. "As much as I would like to go to the river right now, I fear that I'm already too late. I doubt I could even make it to the bush now. No, I will stay here with you."

Seymour said...

Nekshi smiles and hugs Granite, minding the wounded beak.

"You are wrong my tentacled friend, they'd never find you. I could hit Lirassa on the back of the head and the resulting disturbance and body count would cover any escape attempt."

She focuses her attention on the watchbot in the apartment complex.

"I think I cracked the security code on one of the apartment bots. I wonder if this is 'him'? Strange, I always thought my apartment's monthly 'Lawn Ornamentation and Intruder Extermination fee' was just graft."

She quickly brings up the apartment security screen which has been lurking somewhere in the background of her wrist comp.

The Moody Minstrel said...

(Hugging Granite Spear could be risky. She has spikes on her chestplates, shoulders, elbows, back...)

Lirassa eyes Nekshi suspiciously on hearing her name mentioned but doesn't understand the Zorlan language. (Possibly a good thing.)

Next thing the trio knows, they are facing the business end of at least a half dozen baffler carbines.

A voice speaking Her-Galad (but apparently using a telepathic translator, because Granite Spear can understand it) booms out, "PEACE FORCE! REMAIN WHERE YOU ARE! SHOW US YOUR FACES, AND KEEP YOUR HANDS IN SIGHT!"

Nekshi's not sure, but it seems that the pronunciation and speech patterns of the officer seem much closer to textbook Her-Galad than the local twang she's gotten used to hearing.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Meanwhile, the other group, having (wisely) chosen not to use the tunnel entrance there on 136th street, makes it down the block to another one. They pass some gawkers obviously drawn by the commotion, but no one takes much notice of the group. They come to the tunnel entrance without incident.

"If you're not ready for this, lady..." starts Dabid.

Mey'Luskar draws an abrupt breath and replies hoarsely, "Do it. Now."

DewKid said...

Grumbling to herself something about hands and head cracking, Granite stands fast.

Seymour said...

(Kevin, Nekshi has become very adept at hugging Granite. Althought some of her previous attempts have resulted in bloodshed)

Nekshi sighs. Perhaps she'll never uncover the mystery of 'The Mysterious Watchbot'.

She raises her hands and tells the others, "Remember, do not volunteer information the the Police Force. Things said without legal counsel are usually taken the wrong way and may end up hurting us if this matter proceeds to a court."

"Do what they tell you, and don't grumble. They are empathic, after all, and can be very sensitive to slights."

Anonymous said...

"Widj, please lead the way. I trust that you can find the least unpleasant course for us," Mon'Fargret says as he bows slightly with respect towards Mey'Luskar. "There are greater heights beyond this brief time for the lady."

Hey makes a mental note to thank Dabid once again for reminding him that all is not the polyglot egalitarianism he has immersed himself in.

The Moody Minstrel said...

The Peace Force officers begin to approach. There is a very noticeable tingling sensation as meson scanners are trained on the trio.

"REMOVE YOUR WEAPONS," continues the speaker, "AND PLACE THEM ON THE GROUND...SLOWLY!!!"

Lirassa whispers something to herself and complies, placing both her stun mini-pistol and "hot comb" tractor sword on the pavement.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Widjgleeby opens the tunnel entrance easily. It looks to be well used. So does the well-reinforced stairway leading down into darkness.

Widjgleeby proceeds downward with casual indifference.

Dabid sighs loudly, bows toward Mey'Luskar and Mon'Fargret with a low, "Lord and lady," and follows the Farbett shaking his head.

Mey'Luskar and Mon'Fargret fall in behind him.

(I'm going to assume Ham makes a quick check to make sure they're not being followed and then closes the door behind them.)

It turns out that the tunnel is not completely dark, but is dimly lit by a row of small, reddish lights. It's more than enough for a Farbett (or Annuitis) to see clearly. As for the Lybolt, Ibitonian, and Foldorians, however, it's a bit spooky.

The Moody Minstrel said...

"Widjgleeby," says Dabid, "I suggest we keep our pace slow for the ones that don't have the eyes for this."

The Moody Minstrel said...

After a short while, the group in the tunnel arrives at a much larger one, apparently a main conduit.

Mey'Luskar shivers and bumps her shoulder against Mon'Fargret's playfully. "I thought I couldn't go any lower than I already was," she says. "I guess I was wrong." She chuckles. Apparently it was meant to be a joke, but it didn't work for her, either. With a sigh, she asks, "Is this really so easy for you? I mean...I don't just mean coming down here. I noticed you used a Herg binder when you patched my arm, not a Ya-, er, Foldorian one. Thanks, by the way." She rubs her torn sleeve. "I know...I remember what you said at Wirg's. The Hergs are better at making those things than we are, but still...don't you feel even a little bit like you're betraying us? Going against Civilization?"

Seymour said...

Nekshi will take out her little 'pocket pistol' and fighting knife and put them on the ground in front of her.

Phillipa Scratch said...

I'm going to find a place off the "main road" so to speak where we can catch our breath and find out why Mey'Luskar is so popular with assassins. Someplace where we will not be overheard. I would imagine there are some temporary nests for traveling Farbetts to catch a quick nap. I'll find one that isn't being used at the moment.

The Moody Minstrel said...

(You imagine accurately.)

At intervals along the main tunnel there are alcoves cut into the wall. A few of them look like they were crafted professionally, while others seem rudely dug. They are too dark for the non-Farbetts and non-Annuitis in the party to see inside, though some of them clearly have what appears to be trash piled up inside. After traveling for a bit, Widjgleeby pauses and then goes inside one of them.

"They're called 'way nests', my lord and lady," whispers Dabid. "Farbetts use them to rest or to stow their things temporarily." He pauses thoughtfully, looking at the trash strewn about on the floor of the alcove. Then he says, "Widjgleeby, just how large is the Farbett settlement under Ekr'in?"

The Moody Minstrel said...

Mey'Luskar's eyes go wide.

"You mean there's a whole city of Farbetts down here?" she asks.

"My lady," replies Dabid a little impatiently, "Farbetts account for around 7% of the population of Mul'ein. That's around 20,000. I would ask the lady how many Farbetts she sees in the streets on a usual day."

Mey'Luskar gulps. Glancing at Widjgleeby uncertainly, she leans closer to Dabid and whispers, "They're not going to eat...I mean..." Then she sighs. "I - I need to sit down."

"Allow me," says Dabid, taking her arm. He leads her into the darkened corner. "There is a nesting ledge right there in front of you."

Mey'Luskar gropes about, finds the ledge, and seats herself. There is a crunching sound followed by a muffled squeal.

"Um, my lady," says Dabid, barely concealing his amusement, "perhaps I should mention that many Farbetts use discarded, er, rather recycled paper and plastic foam products as nesting material."

With another curt squeal, she starts frantically brushing trash off the ledge. Finally, with a resigned sigh, she seats herself again.

DewKid said...

Granite drops her staff and pistol to the ground.

The Moody Minstrel said...

[Granite Spear - I thought you left your staff behind. I assumed you didn't have it. But whatever.]

Once the weapons are dropped, the Peace Force officers approach quickly.

One of them has a device on his helmet that looks like a designator. He moves ahead of the others and inclines his head so the pointer is focused on Nekshi's pistol.

"Pädl'ith l'r'ĕl'nwägath," he says.

"This weapon has not been used," echoes the officer with the translator.

The designator moves to Granite Spear's weapons.

"Pädl'ithen l'r'ĕl'nwäga."

"These weapons have not been used."

The designator moves to Lirassa's weapons...and pauses there.

"Pädl'ithen l'r'ĕl'nwä!"

"These weapons have been used!"

There is a clicking and rustling as the officers readjust their aim as one.

The officer with the translator looks at Nekshi and Granite Spear in turn and says, "You have been identified and confirmed. Nekshi and Granite Spear, you may take your weapons. You are free of accusation for the moment, but there will be questions." Then he turns to Lirassa. "Lirassa," he says, "you were informed of the regulations regarding possession and use of weapons on Lyranell when your ship arrived. You are accused of violating those regulations and will be accountable for that and for suspected damages against property and person." He gestures, and the other officers move to surround her. "Your right of freedom is hereby suspended until..."

"I claim the right of protection!" she cries in Brekka (but the telepathic translator translates it).

The officer with the translator gestures again, and the other officers stop. "You may explain."

Lirassa nods toward Nekshi and Granite Spear. "My companions were attacked! I acted to protect them, as did the Shurian! I've caused no harm to anyone!"

The officer switches off his translator, and it's clear he's talking to someone on his com. Reactivating his translator, he looks at Nekshi and says, "Can you verify this?"

DewKid said...

[I wasn't sure about the staff. Honestly, I forgot I even had a staff until I looked at the character sheet, but figured Granite would have taken it with her to the river. Since I never confirmed it, let's say its back at the flat. Hopefully Granite will have time to get it before heading out.]

Seymour said...

(Nekshi watches as Granite's staff pops out of existence)

"It is as she says, Officer. My comrades and myself were attacked while assembling peacefully in my apartment. Lirassa responded, at great risk to herself, and engaged the attackers."

She reaches down to retrieve her weapons. "We feel this attack was brought on by an earlier confrontation with a Yangae Loyalist group at a local cafe."

ElTigrez said...

Looks around at the tunnel accodomations and comments "Looks like some independent haulers I briefly hopped a ride on in the past" [stifles a yawn while looking around]

The Moody Minstrel said...

More sirens can be heard approaching.

The apparent leader of the Peace Force squad pauses again to talk on his com. Then he says, "Let's go to your apartment. Security seems to be backing you up, but I want to hear a thorough explanation of everything that has happened."

Anonymous said...

Zeton eyes the refuse around them in the dim light searching for materials he can use as a make shift splint. Spotting some material he thinks will do the trick, he politely asks Widj if she would please set him down. Once he is back on the ground he quickly sits down to take any strain off his wounded ankle.

"Well Widj, I can't thank you enough for hauling my sorry carcass out of Nekshi's apartment. I only hope I can repay the favor someday."

Twisting a bit to speak to Ham, Zeton asks, "Ham, I think I see some items that I can use as a splint over there", Zeton gestures in the general direction of the material, "could you please get them for me?"

Once Zeton has the materials, he will begin to fashion a splint.

"So, any chance we can get a connection to the Hyper Wave down here? We need to check up on our brave friends topside."

The Moody Minstrel said...

Wet sniffling can be heard from Mey'Luskar's corner.

Dabid sighs very deeply and then moves to Zeton's location, saying, "Here...let me help you with that."

DewKid said...

Picking up her pistol and reholstering it, Granite wonders why she thought her staff was with her. She turns and follows the Peace Force officer back to the flat.

The Moody Minstrel said...

I'll continue on a new post.